Artists who are permitted to sell on the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Store (or HGC Store) have met the following pre-qualifications:
- They are members of the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen and are in good standing
- They have accomplished one of the following:
- Achieved Master Artisan status on either the state or local level
- Have successfully juried into one or more Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Art & Fine Craft show or Guild Booth at an Art & Fine Craft Show within the past 3 years
- Were peer-reviewed and approved by the HGC jurors for the purpose of selling on the HGC Store
All items submitted to the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen store by all artists are be evaluated based on the following criteria:
EXCELLENCE IN CRAFTSMANSHIP
- Highest quality execution of work
- Mastery of medium
- Highest quality materials
- Functions as it should (if applicable)
- Good composition
- Choice of materials and methods shows innovation and mastery
- Artistic excellence
- Reproduction work must be historically accurate
- Style that sets work apart as that of the individual artisan
- Individual identity that makes work recognizable as belonging to that artisan
- Original – not copied, not kit-made, not from commercial patterns, or class projects
Artwork will fall into the following categories:
- Mixed Media
These categories may be altered or updated by the HGC Board at any time.
Artwork will be evaluated based on the photos that the artist provides. For Photography standards, please click here. Any artwork that gets denied submission based on the quality of the photographs may be resubmitted with new photographs at any time.
By submitting your work for sale, the artist agrees to allow representations of work to be shown and reproduced for publicity purposes.
- Artwork may not depict, contain or re-create trademarked logos, characters or other copyright protected property owned by a third party.
- Artwork may not utilize materials that depict, contain or re-create trademarked logos, characters or other copyright protected property owned by a third party.
- Artists may not sell the artwork of others in the capacity of a broker or reseller. All art sold by the artist must be their own.
- No artwork depicting political messaging of any kind, from any party will be permitted. While patriotism is allowable, the admins have discretion to determine whether or not any work crosses the line between politics and patriotism and may remove any work they deem inappropriate.
- Artists may not refuse service or use hate speech or derogatory language on any member of a protected group. Artwork may not include hate speech or derogatory language or messaging towards any person or group based on one or more protected groups. Artwork may not glorify hate groups and their members. Protected groups include but are not limited to:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law
In the event of a dispute or the need for an exception, the Vice President of Standards will provide clarification and further direction. If there are any questions, the Vice President of Standards may be contacted here.
Shop administrators reserve the right to remove products from the Shop that are not in line with the guidelines that are outlined above. Shop administrators also reserve the right to remove artists from the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen store for refusal comply with these guidelines.
Commissions & Payouts
A commission of 30% will be taken for all sales. This amount is taken automatically by the system based on the full price of the item as listed in the cart. Commission is not taken from the calculated cost of Shipping. Commission is taken before any discounts or coupon codes offered by the individual artists.
Payouts are sent to the artist on a daily basis. The PayPal Payout fee will be deducted from the payment to the artist. The PayPal Payout fee is $0.25 per transaction.
Inventory & Product Management
Artists are responsible for maintaining and managing their own inventory. The Haverford Guild of Craftsmen will not be held responsible for items that have been sold on the Website in error. If an item that has already been sold and then is sold a second time on the site, the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen may reserve the right to not refund the artist the Website fee for that sale.
Each artist has the ability to put their shop on “Vacation Mode” in the vendor dashboard. If an artist is going to be unavailable for a period of time, the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen strongly recommends that the artist uses this tool to temporarily suspend sales. The HGC will not take responsibility for canceling orders or refunding customers if the artist is unable to take an order due to unavailability.
Every artist is responsible for shipping out the products that they sell directly to the customer. The HGC will not take responsibility for, or complete, any shipping and handling on behalf of any artist. Any funds collected from the customer for the cost of shipping and handling will be sent to you in full and will not be included in the calculation for fees and commissions.
We strongly recommend purchasing shipping insurance for all of the art that you ship out.
The following shipping options are automatically added to every product:
- USPS Retail Parcel S&H ($4 minimum,$1 per additional .5 – Max 1lb)
- USPS Retail Ground S&H ($7.50 minimum, $1.50 per additional 1 pound – Max 35lbs)
Optionally, you may also set up on your own storefront (these options would be available for every product you post):
- Contact the Artist to Make Shipping Arrangements (The customer will be billed for shipping costs separately by the Artist)
- Local Pickup You will need to contact the customer to set up the time and location.
- Store-wide Flat Fee
- Free Shipping (with and without a price threshold)
- To trigger the “Free Shipping” option, a minimum dollar amount needs to be entered. If you wish to keep free shipping as an option for every product, choose a number smaller than your least expensive item. See the user guide for screenshots and more specific guidance.
Alternatively, there is a way to set up shipping on a per-product basis. Please see the “Advanced Product Setup” section on the HGC Online Store Artist Guide.
Weight is measured in pounds on the shipping tab of the product set up. Numbers must be in decimals. For example, an item weighing 3lbs, 8ozs must be entered as 3.5 lbs. (You can find a weight conversion calculator here: https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/weight/index.html.)
To trigger ONLY your specific shipping options, do not put a weight in the shipping for a product. Otherwise, the customer will get the weight-based USPS options. Be aware that you must have at least one shipping option available for all products.
If you need to make special arrangements to ship an individual product, or if the available shipping options are not suitable for your needs you may:
- Put the shipping information in the description, “Additional Information” section for the product
- List shipping methods in the “Attributes” field of your product details and direct the buyer to use a “Contact the Artist” option when checking out.
Returns, Exchanges and Refunds
The site-wide return policy is:
All refunds, returns and exchanges must be coordinated directly with the artist.
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, or if an item arrives to you damaged, you must contact the artist within 10 days of receipt, or within the individual artist’s stated time frame. If a condition of the refund is to ship the item back, please use the same or similar packing supplies.
For items that were damaged during shipping, you must provide photographs of the packaging as well as the item that is damaged.
Additional conditions under which a Refund, Return Exchange or Cancellation will be granted will vary from artist to artist. Please see that artist’s page for their stated policies.
The artists’ contact information can be found in your confirmation email. You can also find the contact information on the artists’ shop pages. For the artist directory, please click here.
Custom orders and personalized items are not returnable unless the item is defective.
For more information about the return, refund, exchange and cancellation process, click here.
Customer Financial Information
The shop.haverfordguild.org Website does not collect or store any customer payment and/or financial information. All transactions are processed through a third-party vendor.
Be aware that the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen will not be responsible for any data breaches or leaked, lost, or stolen customer information that is obtained outside of the shop.haverfordguild.org Website by any artist who is a seller on this Website. If any artist needs to collect any bank, credit card or financial information for the purposes of invoicing for shipping or any other reason, we strongly recommend using a third-party invoicing system (PayPal, Stripe, Square, etc.) and to never collect or store customer financial data.
The Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Board of Directors reserve the right to update the terms and conditions outlined above at any time.
These terms and conditions are in addition to the general Terms of Service for this Website as outlined here.
By filling out the Artist Registration form you indicate that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions.